WCC Campus Store Policies
Purchases designated for in-store pick up that are not picked up within 15 days of the original order date will be considered abandoned. The merchandise will be returned to the bookstore’s inventory and, whenever possible, the bookstore will process a refund of 80% of the original merchandise value to the customer's account.
The WCC Campus Store accepts cash, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Campus Orca Cards and checks*.
- Checks need to be imprinted with current local address and phone number.
- Student I.D. and driver’s license/state ID are required for all check purchases.
- Items purchased with a check can not be returned until the check clears, therefore, they may not be eligible for a refund.
- If the clearance time for a check (up to 10 business days) runs beyond the eligible return window, they may not be refunded. Class materials can only be returned during the first two weeks of the quarter.
- Please note: Banks charge a significant penalty on all returned checks and we must pass along that penalty to the person who wrote the check. Use care to ensure that your account has sufficient funds.
Textbook Rentals are available in-store only. There are no online textbook rentals. See Requirements below.
- Rental Period: The rental fee covers one academic term.
- Ownership: Throughout the rental period, the book remains the property of Whatcom Community College.
- Requirements: All textbook rental transactions are in-store only. To secure a rental you will need a current WCC Student ID card (Orca Card) and a valid credit/debit card that expires at least 30 days past the rental due date. Rental customers agree to allow the store to contact them via email, phone, and/or text messaging.
- Rental Return: Rental customers accept full responsibility for meeting return deadline dates and for returning the rented book to the Campus Store cashier.
- Book Condition: The customer accepts full responsibility for the care and safe keeping of the rented book and will return it to the Campus Store in good resalable condition with no pages or covers torn, no pages missing, still fully bound, no water or other damage.
- Replacement Fee: If a rented book is not returned by the deadline in resalable condition, the rental customer agrees to be auto charged the full retail price on the same credit card used to secure the rental.
- Account Holds: Customer agrees to allow the college to place a hold on their general student account if book is not returned and attempts to charge securing credit card are unsuccessful.
- Full Refunds: Rental textbooks are only eligible for a full refund if the book is returned within the same guidelines outlined in the WCC Bookstore’s normal textbook return policy outlined below.
Students may return textbooks/course materials for a full refund within 24 hours of purchase with the original receipt, if the items are still wrapped and in the same condition as purchased.
Students may be able to return textbooks/course materials during the first ten days of the quarter:
-If students can show proof that they have dropped the course via their updated class schedule, they will receive a full 100% refund.
-If students want to return the book without having dropped the class, they will be refunded 80% of the book's retail value.
No returns are accepted for any reason after the first ten days of the quarter.
Other merchandise (supplies, clothing, etc.) can be returned within 7 days of purchase, with the original receipt and in the same conditions as purchased.
Refunds & Exchanges
All returns and exchanges MUST have original register receipt, and the items must be in original purchased condition (shrink-wrap and packaging intact).
Shipping charges will not be refunded.
Credit card purchases will only be refunded to the originally charged credit card account.
The textbook requirements on our website have been provided to the Campus Store by your instructors. This information is subject to change without notice. Modifications to course number, sections, instructor, ISBN or price may be made at any time–up to and including the first few weeks of the selected quarter. The store staff will assist you with issues or questions regarding your class materials. If your course is not listed on our website, please contact us and we will help you find the correct textbook/class materials.
Policies and prices may vary at sources outside the Campus Store. Students will not be compensated for books purchased from any other source utilizing the information on this website. Remember to order your books carefully and always keep your receipts.