WCC Bookstore Policies
Textbook and Merchandise Refunds
All returns/exchanges MUST have original register receipt, and the items must be in original purchased condition (shrink-wrap and packaging intact).
Shipping charges will not be refunded.
Credit card purchases will only be refunded to the originally charged credit card account.
The textbook requirements on our website has been provided to the Bookstore by your instructors. This information is subject to change without notice. Modifications to course number, sections, instructor, ISBN or price may be made at any time - up to and including the first few weeks of the selected quarter. Prices may vary from those at the campus Bookstore. Students will not be compensated for books purchased from any other source utilizing the information on this website. Remember to order your books carefully, and always keep your receipts. If your course is not listed on our website, please contact us and we will help you find the correct textbook/class materials.
Students may return textbooks/course materials for a full refund within 24 hours of purchase.
Students may return textbooks/course materials up to 10 business days from the beginning of the current quarter, for a full refund, with proof of associated class change.
Any textbooks/course materials returned during the first 10 days of the current quarter without proof of class change will be refunded at 90% of the purchase price.
Other merchandise (supplies, software, clothing, etc.) can be returned within 7 days of purchase.
The WCC Bookstore accepts VISA, Master Card, American Express and the Campus Orca Card.
Personal checks need to be imprinted with current local address and phone number. Student I.D. and driver’s license are required for all check purchases.
Please note: Banks charge a significant penalty on all returned checks and we must pass along that penalty to the person who wrote the check. Use care to ensure that your account has sufficient funds.
- Rental Period: The rental fee covers one academic quarter.
- Ownership: Once the rental transaction has been completed, the book becomes the property of the WCC Bookstore's rental partner, Sidewalk.
- Requirements: A valid credit/debit card that expires at least 30 days past the rental due date is needed to secure the rental.
- Rental Return: Rental customers accept full responsibility for meeting return deadline dates printed on the register receipt, and returning the rented textbook to WCC Bookstore cashier. THERE IS NO GRACE PERIOD.
- Book Condition: The customer accepts full responsibility for the care and safekeeping of the rented book and will return it to the WCC Bookstore in resalable condition.
- Replacement Fee: If a rented book is not in resalable condition, the rental customer agrees to be charged the full replacement cost (new/used), on the same credit card used to secure the rental.
- Full Refunds: Rental textbooks are only eligible for a full refund if the book is returned within the same guidelines outlined in the WCC Bookstore’s normal textbook return policy outlined above.
- Failure to Return or Late Return: If the selected title is not returned on time or is returned in unsalable condition, the customer will be charged the full replacement cost for the book.